The S12MP is an high performance Smart Camera designed to meet the most complex Machine Vision requirements.
S12MP features a very high processing capability and a sophisticated technology in a product with a small footprint.
It features the 12 MPixel CMV12000 CMOS image sensor and Xilinx Zynq® 7030 series SoC; this exclusive combination of sensor and Zynq architecture enables the S12MP to reach acquisition speeds up to 300 frames per second (fps) at full resolution.
In fact, the Smart Camera is based on a powerful Image Processing architecture, the Xilinx Zynq 7030 which consist of a Kintex FPGA with 125 K elements allowing images to be acquired and pre-processed at very high speeds, and an ARM Cortex-A9 Dual Core 667MHz processor that processes the data and performs the controls required by the application.
The combination of full programmable Processor and FPGA decreases the work load and complexity of the CPU which can be exclusively devoted to data analysis. On-board image storage in the S12MP is up to 32 GB, thanks to a built-in SD card.
The S12MP is based on Linux O.S., making possible to develop Vision Applications with Tattile software or third parties libraries / software.
The S12MP is equipped with a GigE Server; data and image management of the S12MP can be done using the GigE Vision standard protocol, for an easy and quick integration.
All communication interfaces are handled by FPGA, in order to ensure “real time” management.
- Powerful image processing: Dual Core Cortex-A9 processor and Xilinx Kintex 125 Kle FPGA
- Ultra High-resolution: 12 Megapixels global shutter CMOS image sensor
- Amazing high-speed: 300 frames per second at full resolution
- Programmable FPGA for image acquisition and preprocessing
- Open system with Linux O.S.
- Complete interface and communication capabilities: Gigabit Ethernet and digital I/O
- GigE Server on-board for GigE Vision protocol management